By: Gretchen Smith
StazOn Blazing Red, Jet Black, Mustard,
Pumpkin, Forest Green, and Royal Purple
Tsukineko Sponge Daubers
unglazed ceramic vase
- In a random pattern, apply the StazOn ink to the vase
with Tsukineko Sponge Daubers. Start with small marks of
the darker colors like Jet Black, Forest Green and Royal
Purple. Next fill in more of the spaces with the lighter
colors such as Blazing Red, Mustard and Pumpkin. To get the
streaked look, go over the whole vase again with the
Mustard, blending all of the colors together.
- Cut a piece of the copper sheets to a rectangle about 3”
x 5” inches. Using a little Jet Black, Forest Green, Royal
Purple, Pumpkin and Mustard, apply little marks of the ink
onto the copper sheet. Smudge all of the colors using
Tsukineko Sponge Daubers. If the color gets too dark, add
more Mustard. This technique will make the copper piece look
- Using glue dots, adhere the copper sheet to the vase,
bending it around one side.
- Using the copper tags, apply some of the StazOn Jet
Black to them and smudge it with Tsukineko Sponge Daubers
again to dull and “tarnish” the copper pieces. Stick them
onto your vase using the foam tape so that the tags stand
out from the vase a little bit.
- Following the instructions on the foil adhesive of your
choice, pick a few random places to apply the copper foil.
Also apply the foil to the rim of the vase as well as about
two inches inside of the vase.
- Using an assortment of fibers that compliment your inks,
tie them around the vase and let them hang down one corner.